Key features of the designer
The canvas is the core of the diagram designer. Drag and drop shapes onto the canvas to get started.
· Resize the canvas to be able to draw large and small diagrams.
· Change the orientation and layout of each page.
· Hide or resize the grid.
2. Menu bar
Located at the top of the diagram designer underneath the document title, the menu bar provides different tools to draw your chart within the program.
· There is a well-organized list of tools for working with the designer.
· Insert images or texts into your diagram or draw different kinds of lines.
· Moving the cursor along the bar, it displays hotkeys for each action within the drop down menu.
· If you don’t know how to handle the program, hit the “help” button.
Choose “getting started” to start the drawing guide which
will explain the functions of the diagram designer to you.
3. Tool bar
Located directly underneath the menu bar, the tool bar allows you to quickly
change your charting tools.
· Brush: Use the brush for formating.
· Undo and redo: These two buttons can be used to undo or redo
your previous actions.
· Text: In this area you can select the size, color, font and styling of the texts you’re adding to the chart.
· Lines: Choose between the following options for your line layout: color,
width, line dash, line type, arrow type.
· Shapes: You can also change the color of you templates’ filling and
the color and thickness of the shapes’ lines.
4. Shape library
The shape library on the left contains all the templates you need to create your diagrams.
· There are different shapes available depending on the kind of diagram you choose when you start working.
· If you wish to use all templates available, choose “uncategorized
diagram” when starting a new diagram.
5. Graphic Panel
The graphic panel on the right of the designer has several essential features.
· The navigator helps you to view your diagram from a different perspective. Zoom in and out or use the thumbnail view or the full screen perspective.
· In the graphic area you can choose the style and color of templates
and lines. You can also upload pictures.
· In the metric area you can change the position, angle and the size
of an object.
· Data attributes: Here you can add data and additional information
to the document.
· Page settings: Here it is possible to change the size, margins and
background of your page. You may also find the grid settings.
· Revision history: Have a look how your document developed over time or
return to a certain previous version.
Figure 4. Key features of the designer